I’ve been making tissue paper pom poms for several years now. I love how simple and fun they are to make. They can be used for any occasion and in many ways such as centerpieces or hanging decorations. There are so many variations you can do too.
This tutorial was written by my awesome cousin, Tiffany, for EyeLoveKnots! She loves baking and DIYing, and is going to be joining us more often. Want to see something specifically? Drop us a line below!
1. Start at one side of the stacked tissue paper and fold the sheets in an accordion style. Make sure to press each fold down as you go. Make each fold about an inch wide.
2. Securely tie a string around the middle of the folded tissue paper. If you are planning on hanging the pom pom, make sure to leave extra string to hang it.
3. Cut triangle shapes along the edge of the accordion folds. I made mine about an inch deep. You can also cut different designs for a different look.
4. Gently pull inch sheet of tissue paper out so that it begins to fan out into a ball shape. Continue doing this around until all of the sheets are separated.
5. Glue the plastic eggs in various sections of the pom pom until you have the look you are going for.