This is one of my favorite dishes to make. I’ve made it like a billion times, and every time, it never lasts too long. I took a break from baking it, but recently decided to give it a go again, and Todd was hooked! It’s been two weeks or so since we had it last, so I went shopping and whipped it up again, AND got some shots to share with ya! Enjoy 🙂
Save this to your Favorites on RecipeLion
Prep & Cook Time: 1 Hour
– 2 Pound of Ground Beef or Turkey
– 1.25 oz Packet of Taco Seasoning – I used the Marcum brand
– 16 oz can Refried Beans – I used Senora Verde brand
– 3 Cups of Shredded Cheese – I used 1 12 oz bag of Finely Shreddred Cheddar-Jack Cheese from Coburn Farms
– 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes, drained – I used Diane’s Garden brand
– 15 oz Can of Black Beans, drained – I used Goya’s Frijoles Negros
– 15 oz Can of Corn – I used Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
– 6 Medium Tortillas – I used Tio Santi Flour Tortillas
– 2/3 Cups of Water
– Opt. Sour Cream to top
Meat: I like to use Ground Turkey because it’s leaner and I like the flavor
Cheese: I like to use Cheddar Jack because it’s my favorite! But a Mexican mix would be appropriate and taste great too!
Corn: I had regular corn sitting around so I used it, but a Mexicorn mix would be great too!
Peppers & Onions: Todd doesn’t like onions and peppers so I haven’t added any when sharing with him, but when I’ve made this in the past, I’ve added about 1/2 cup each of diced red peppers, green peppers and onions My local Winn Dixie sells containers of pre-diced peppers and onions, which each have a net weight of 6 oz. I usually just pick up a few and use these as they taste fresh and cut out the hassle of dicing myself.
*All ingredients and brands listed here found at my local Sav-a-Lot. Not a sponsored post.
You Will Also Need:
– 9×13 Casserole Dish
– Pam Cooking Spray (or some butter)
– Measuring Cup (Opt – I winged the measurements)
– A Spoon – I like to use wooden
– A Large Skillet/Frying Pan – to brown meat
– A Medium Sized Pot – to combine all ingredients
1. Brown meat. Drain, and move to medium sized pot.
2. Pour in water and taco seasoning. Stir well.
3. Mix in corn, [peppers, onions,] diced tomatoes, and black beans. Mix well. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
4. While simmering, prepare casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350. Spray down casserole dish. Place two tortillas down – next to each other to cover bottom of dish. Spread with half of refried beans, and half of meat mixture when ready. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat with two more tortillas, beans, meat mixture and cheese. Top with two remaining tortillas and last cup of cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy! I cut up on lettuce and tomatoes and added as a layer before my lasagna.
We didn’t have any sprinkle cheese left, but if you do, you may want to garnish with some or with some sour cream.
Please DO NOT claim this recipe as your own nor should you sell my recipe, and DO NOT re-publish my photos as your own. DO NOT copy and paste my recipe anywhere, link to it instead.
I would love to see your dinners and hear your feedback! Please share your photos on my EyeLoveKnots Facebook page!
Don’t miss out on new crochet patterns, reviews, jewelry tutorials and more! Subscribe to EyeLoveKnots by using the box on the right side toolbar, or follow me via Bloglovin!
You May Also Like…